How Yoga And Meditation Benefits Us
Many thousands of years ago in India, spiritualists explored exercises and concentration sessions in order to find a personal connection with the world around them. These practices in present-day life are known as YOGA and MEDITATION!!
Both Yoga and Meditation are unique in their own way. The common factor is that both offer numerous benefits to our body, mind and soul!! But, one has to dedicate a specific amount of time to get the best benefits of the both!!
Yoga has a holistic effect and brings body, mind, consciousness, and soul into balance. One need not have aerobic skills to do Yoga. Anyone irrespective of age, physical ability, health, or gender can practice Yoga. The benefits of Yoga to our body are summarized here –
- All around fitness – A person is truly healthy only when he is fit physically, mentally and emotionally. Yoga helps in attaining all-around fitness
- Weight loss – Almost everyone wants to lose weight!!! Yoga can play a major role in reducing weight
- Stress relief – Yoga is an excellent way to get rid of stress
- Reduces chronic aches and pains by its various postures
- Helps in Diabetes – Some studies have suggested that the chemical changes to your body as a result of yoga reduce blood sugar levels.
- Minimizes hypertension – Regularly practising yoga has been shown to reduce the amount of medication needed to control your blood pressure.
- Helps in elevating mood, thus helps in depression
- Helps with the mental and physical challenges associated with a woman’s menstrual cycle and can reduce post-menopausal symptoms
Meditation can also play a role in improving our health. Most of us do not understand the term Meditation well, Meditation means not concentrating. It is about deconcentration, It is about becoming thoughtless!! It can take practice to achieve a good meditative state. Now let us understand the benefits of Meditation –
- Improves immune system
- Regulates blood pressure
- Reduces chronic aches and pains
- Increases energy levels
- Enhances mood and behaviour
- Decreases anxiety and depression
- Increases happiness
- Increases energy
Yoga and meditation, when practised on a regular basis, can help in keeping you physically, mentally, and spiritually healthy! Get yourself involved with these Eastern solutions for some of our Western problems!